CRPS, or Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (Type 1), is a change in the nervous system that's usually triggered by a very painful episode. The bad kinds affect the brain, nerves, muscles, skin, metabolism, circulation, and fight-or-flight response. Lucky me; that's what I've got. ... But life is still inherently good (or I don't know when to quit; either way) and, good or not, life still goes on.

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Leaping

I'm finally putting a book together for publication. I sent the first part out to readers for feedback, coasting that post-prep phase of being certain it's practically perfect and totally wonderful.
Unlike the delightfully daft P. G. Wodehouse, I only think my work is perfect for about half a day. Then, with no warning, everything changes: my heart hits my feet and I become certain that what I've just thrown out all naked and unprotected into the world, is nothing more than a puerile squall which will soon be riddled with well-deserved flaming arrows.
I'm eating too much sugar (for which I'll pay the price in pain, don't worry) and trying to settle down for a bit of brain-soothing meditation. Then a bit of light boatwork, maybe some laundry ... and then a couple of hours on the next part of the book. Because what I think of it doesn't matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for commenting!

Pushing a product? If so, be clear about how or why it works -- I'm a geek; I need the data.