CRPS, or Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (Type 1), is a change in the nervous system that's usually triggered by a very painful episode. The bad kinds affect the brain, nerves, muscles, skin, metabolism, circulation, and fight-or-flight response. Lucky me; that's what I've got. ... But life is still inherently good (or I don't know when to quit; either way) and, good or not, life still goes on.

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Not much scenery after dark

Usually, or at least so far, I've ended each day with some coherent sense of things. Not today!

Perhaps that's because I spent several hours in the middle of it, struggling with a terrible wireless signal and time sensitive need to book a flight. My sweetie is flying out to meet me and help with the rest of the drive. How cool is that?

View Larger Map
The last-minute logistics have been horrible, but so far, with much persistence and lateral thinking, things are shaking out. Finding a safe place for his dog for a week was probably the most worrisome, but an online search turned up Canine Energetics.

I spoke with the owner, Sean, who struck me as extremely decent, sensible and accommodating. The facilities sounds like dog heaven. I have every faith in her ability to play well with others, and she'll probably have as good a time as she can away from her human.


I pushed on for an hour past dark, and realized that somehow I'm almost (not quite) a whole day ahead of myself. This means I have time to pull the car apart, make it easier to manage getting what I need, and clear the entire front seat (including the foot well) for another person. Not a trivial task!

I also have a ton of paperwork to catch up on: finding a suitable ISP, nailing down the design for the website, and filing the paperwork for registering "CRPS: Art & Spirit" as a tax-exempt nonprofit. I've gotten much-needed logistical help, so at this point, the next tasks are approachable. I'm grateful for all the help I get, and the help I get for this project is more important still. We're going to have a "gratitude" page, where we can publicly thank those who will let us, for the help they give :-)

Now, all I need is a web geek who's reasonably up-to-date on the technology and knows how to design an accessible page. Suggestions…?

Southern Illinois was exquisite. It's so pretty and so shapely that I can't wait until Hollywood discovers it as a shooting spot. I knew I couldn't do justice to the shape of the land, so I cheated:

Somehow, at least along Interstate 70, Missouri isn't quite as nice, and neither was Indiana. There's definitely a difference.

Y'know, I feel a lot safer, noodling around by myself, than I did in the coastal Northeast or pretty much anywhere in California. I still keep my word to my sweetie, though: locking all the locks, no hitch-hikers, and -- it still cracks me up, but I do it -- be careful who I talk to. There's so much more to human nature than what's on the surface.

Off for Epsom bath. Incidentally, these are not a "Calgon, take me away!" kind of bath. But I think I'll talk about that another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for commenting!

Pushing a product? If so, be clear about how or why it works -- I'm a geek; I need the data.